Solution for QuickBooks Error -6150, -0
After upgrading your QuickBooks to the next higher version, you may face certain issues opening a company file created in the earlier version. A common QuickBooks error encountered in such situations is shown below:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open or use the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (6150, 0)'
The above error shows up when users try to create or access a data file stored on a damaged media.
To sort out the issue, you can use the ‘QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool’. You need to download this tool and run it on your troublesome company file. If data damage is encountered, repair the company file using this utility. In addition, you should also use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to verify your network connection.
If the company file is stored on the hard drive of your computer, you should try the following steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6150:
The below screenshots provide a quick walkthrough on the steps required to repair a QuickBooks company file using Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks:
- Search the QuickBooks company file on your drive.
- Right-click the drive and select 'Copy'.
- Navigate to the desktop and paste this file over there.
- Try opening the company file.
If you run across similar issues and get the same error message again, then try to find and restore an old backup file. If the backup fails to restore or you do not have a clean backup, use Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks. This software smoothly repairs your corrupt QuickBooks file and allows you to easily regain access to all the lost invaluable company file data. It performs secure recovery of all your critical financial information without inflicting any further damage to the original company file.
You need to follow the below procedure to safely repair a corrupt QuickBooks file using Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks:
Note: You should create a new QuickBooks (.QBW) file for storing all the recovered company file data.
- Start Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks. On the main interface, you will find options to select or search QuickBooks (.QBW) files. Click 'Select File' to select the QuickBooks file you need to repair or click 'Search Files' to search for a specific '.QBW' file in the system.
- When you select the desired QuickBooks file, click on 'Scan File' button to start the scan process. You will see the scan status in the progress bar at the bottom.
- After completion of the scan, the software provides preview of your company file data in the main interface.
- When you click 'Repair' in the left pane, a 'Save As' dialog box appears on your screen. In the dialog box, specify the version of QuickBooks file you just created, quit QuickBooks application, and specify the path to the new file. Click 'Start' to initiate the repair process.
- The software saves all the recovered company file data in the new QuickBooks file. When the process is completed, a dialog box appears with the message 'Repair process completed successfully'.
Download the demo version of the QuickBooks Repair for free and see how you can recover data from a corrupt or troublesome QBW data file.
All trademarks acknowledged © Copyright 2012, Stellar Information Systems Ltd. Leaders in Hard Drive Data Recovery Software & Services