How to solve error 6123-0
How to solve Error -6123, 0: Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost
QuickBooks is a reliable accounting software that streamlines your business activities by enabling you to manage all your finances in one place. As its usage has considerably increased over time, a number of issues have been surfaced in due course of time. Some errors directly relate to corruption in the QuickBooks database. Taking a particular example, while you are working in a multi-user environment, you may come across the Error 6123, 0 that reads:
"Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost"
The above error message is generally seen in any of the following scenarios:
- The connection between the server that is hosting the company file and your computer is broken.
- QuickBooks is unable to establish a connection with the server due to an interrupting firewall.
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks database service are currently in process.
- There is a possible header corruption or the data within the company file is corrupt.
- The server probably contains a different name for your computer or the name has been changed while the hosting is turned on.
- Your computer has certain Anti-virus Privacy Service installed with the Block Web Bugs filter option enabled.
There are certain fixed remedies to this problem as proposed by Intuit. However, these methods seem quite difficult to implement, especially for the naive users. The most easiest and effective way to circumvent this issue and completely recover all your lost invaluable data is to use professional QuickBooks repair software.
Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks efficiently handles each case of QuickBooks database corruption by safely repairing corrupt QBW files and retrieving every piece of lost, deleted, or inaccessible information pertaining to company, employees, vendors, customers, etc. The software performs QuickBooks repair for all editions of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Simple Start, Premier, Pro and Enterprise Solution. Furthermore, it is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000, and NT.
To perform QuickBooks file repair using Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks, you need to take into account certain prerequisites:
- Initially create a blank QuickBooks file to store all the recovered data.
- Close the newly created company file and the QuickBooks application.
- Make sure you have the same version of the QuickBooks as that of the corrupt QuickBooks file.
Now, follow the series of steps described below on how to use the QuickBooks repair tool for repairing the corrupt company file:
- Launch Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks.
- In the main interface, click ‘Select File’ to select the corrupt/damaged QuickBooks file for repair or click ‘Search Files’ to search for a specific QBW file in the system.
- After selecting the desired QuickBooks file, click ‘Scan File’ to initiate the scanning process.
- Once the scanning is completed, you will see a window displaying the log of the scan process. Click 'Save Log' to save the log at any user-specified location for future reference.
- You have an option to preview all recovered items by choosing the corresponding field from the left pane and selecting the item to preview.
- Now, click ‘Repair’ button. The ‘Save As’ dialog box appears. Select the QuickBooks version for the new company file from the dropdown.
- Click 'Browse' and provide a destination to save the newly created QuickBooks file.
- Click 'Start'. A log window appears showing you the details of the recovery process.
- Finally, a message appears indicating that the repair process is successfully completed.
Your damaged QuickBooks file is now repaired and ready for use with all the business data recovered.
Stellar Phoenix & Stellar Data Recovery are Registered Trademarks of Stellar Information Systems Limited.
© Copyright 2013 Stellar Information Systems Ltd. All Trademarks Acknowledged.