QuickBooks was initially launched as accounting software for the small business owners, who does not have proper accounting knowledge. Soon it was a hit among entrepreneurs and small business houses, who can not afford professional accountants. Being much advanced since its advent, now the software is widely used as a true professional accounting software with double-entry accounting functions and full audit trail capabilities. But, like any other software application, there are times, when QuickBooks gets corrupt and all the data in it becomes inaccessible. As it is quite clear that no organization can afford to lose its important financial information, there are many QuickBooks repair software available in the current market, which can help recovering the QuickBooks file.
If the QuickBooks file has been corrupt and you are trying to access it, QuickBooks flashes various error messages on the screen. One such error message can be written as below:
“An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)”
There can be a number of possible reasons behind the occurrence of the above error. But, usually the contradiction with some installed encryption software lead to the corruption of the QuickBooks file. Apart from this, the reason behind the problem can be the damage to the Transaction Log file (TLG), which is causing the problem while synchronizing information with the QuickBooks file.
You can perform the below steps to resolve the root cause of problems and regain access to the inaccessible QuickBooks file:
- If your system has any encryption software installed, which is contradicting with QuickBooks then first makes the software disable and restart the system. It the problem is still there, follow the below steps.
- In order to avoid synchronization of the TLG with QuickBooks file, just rename the Transaction Log file as below:
- Choose the Explore option by making a right click on the Windows Start button
- Brose through the folders and locate the Transaction Log file with an ‘.tlg’ file extension
- Make a right click on the Transaction Log file and rename it by suffixing the same with the word, ‘OLD’
- After performing the above steps, try to access the QuickBooks file
If the problem is still there, you need to look into your backup server for a valid backup of the QuickBooks file and restore it. Unfortunately, if there is no recent valid backup, you can take the help of any third party QuickBooks recovery software to do the job.
These software are powerful enough to repair severely damaged QuickBooks files and recover all your precious data in their original format. Take it for sure that these software are completely risk-free in their recovery process and are simple in use.